Sunday, November 20, 2011

Kelly: An Introduction

Hello readers, whoever you are.

I thought the best way to introduce myself and this blog is to just have a little Q and A, so without any further ado, here we go!

Who are you?
I'm Kelly.  I'm in my early 30s, and I live with my fiance and my cat in the northeastern US.  And yes, I have blonde hair.  And yes, it's my natural color.  (I get that question so often, I need a t-shirt made.)

What do you do?
I'm a researcher by profession, and by nature.  I went to school for a very long time to do what I do  (Grad school stories are bound to pop up here on this blog now and again), and I love it.  The obsession with makeup and all things beauty is just a hobby.

Have you ever blogged before?
Yes.  Years ago, I had a LiveJournal account, which I believe still exists somewhere, although I've long forgotten my log-in info.  It was mostly just a place to dump my personal thoughts while going through my graduate program, and allow total strangers to read them.  Eventually it got old and I let it go.  I had a beauty blog up until recently, but I found that I wasn't blogging for the right reasons, so I deleted it and decided to just start over.

Why blog again?
I found that I really enjoy writing, and I love writing reviews.  I joined Epinions, and have been reviewing things on there, and I frequently give feedback at various online shopping sites.  Although reviews are for other people, I also like writing for me.  I find it to be cathartic and sometimes even energizing to put words onto the screen.  So, this blog is for me.  In the past 8 months, I've gotten engaged, bought my first house, and begun planning a wedding.  I've gotten to travel to some amazing places, and met some wonderful people.  Needless to say, it's been a very busy year, and it's only getting busier!  I like to think that writing in this blog about various things, getting in shape for the wedding, my neverending quest for the perfect conditioner, healthy and tasty recipes, home decor and upkeep, makeup, etc, can not only help me, but maybe it can help others too.

What about a "vlog"?
A video blog seems really cool, and although I really enjoy public speaking, I'm definitely more of a writer than an actor.  However, I do have a YouTube channel, where I post mostly videos of the monthly Birchbox goodies.  I've begun a new format where I review all the products in the video.  My channel is here: http://www.youtube.com/user/thereasonableblog.  I may be adding a greater variety of videos as time goes on.

Okay, this introduction isn't so brief, so I'll end here.  Until next time!

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment