Sunday, December 11, 2011

Tag: Top 4 Product Recommendations

I saw this on Carah Amelie's YouTube channel, and thought it might be fun to try out myself.  The idea is to list your top 4 beauty product recommendations - they must be single products, not a set of them.  Pretty simple, right?  So, let's get started.  In no particular order...

 1.  Revlon ColorStay Liquid Liner in brown-black
This is my holy grail eyeliner.  I never, ever, EVER thought I'd be into liquid liner, but I've grown to positively adore it.  You must apply using short strokes, but this formula is smooth, pigmented, and long-lasting.  I even wrote an Epinions review of it here so you can read more if you like.


2.  MAC Viva Glam V lipstick
This is honestly the first lipstick I've ever regularly worn that A) shows up on my lips, and B) has any sort of lasting power.  It's a versatile, a little sheer, mauve color that works with a very wide range of skin tones.  The fragrance is pleasant, and it applies smoothly.  I especially like that my lips don't feel waxy when I'm wearing this lipstick.  It lasts about as long as any other high quality lipstick (it is not a stain), so carrying it in my purse is necessary on days where I may want to touch-up.


 3.  Bare Escentuals double-ended precision brush
A lot of people rave and rave about Sigma, Crown, and MAC brushes, but Bare Escentuals brushes are really great.  This brush is made from horse and goat hair (so it is a natural-hair brush, as opposed to synthetic), but it works very well!  The contoured shadow end is large enough to help apply product in an efficient and quick manner, while the other end is great for blending.  Mine is a few years old now, but I still use it regularly - almost daily.  I think newer brushes have a bit more precision on the pointed end.  All in all, it's a great brush that really holds up well, doesn't shed, and is reasonably priced for essentially two brushes in one.



4.  Origins VitaZing Daily moisturizer
Moisturizing your skin is key, especially as the weather is getting colder and colder.  My skin is dry, and it easily gets dried out and flakey.  I have found that moisturizing every day, especially right after I get out of the shower when my skin is soft and the pores are open, helps combat this.  I like the VitaZing moisturizer because it has SPF, is lightweight, and it doesn't break my skin out or cause it to be oily.  But the best thing is its formula is designed to make your skin glow - almost like a tan, but not orangey like fake tan lotion.  It helps me look awake, refreshed, and radiant.  And in the winter months, I need all the help I can get!

Well, those are four pretty diverse products that I highly, highly recommend: things I swear by and even tell my best friend to try out.  This was fun... I hope to do more tags in the future.

Cheers,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment